Friday, September 26, 2008

A Waste of a Day

Oh how badly I wish I wasn't working today. I don't work a full day too often so when I do, it always feels like such a long day. Especially when the sun is shining and the temperature is right in between TOO HOT and TOO COOL. A perfect day to take my children out to the park or maybe just for a walk. Nah, who's kidding who. If I weren't working, I would be just getting ready to put them down for a nap so I could have some computer time to edit some pictures I took last night.
I dont know why I'm so petrified to take pictures for other people. I'm told often that I should charge but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I feel I just need so much more practice that there is no way anyone would or should have to pay me for what I love doing.
I'm sure there will come a time in my life, maybe once the boys are both in school full time, that I will take this hobby of mine into full gear and get movin' with sessions and studios etc. But for now, I enjoy doing it, just to do it.

Part of me wants to put an ad out locally offering free sessions. With the option to buy a disc of photos at the end. But again, too much pressure to perform.

I wish I had someone who wasn't a friend or family member to really critique my work so I knew for certain if I had a good product or not. Anyways, thats neither here nor there at this point.

Rambling. I ramble when I'm nervous.
Well, I guess I ought to get back to work.

Michelle

No comments: