Saturday, September 27, 2008

7 Years Coming Up for Us



No, this isn't my husband. For crying out loud, he's only five. This is my oldest son Justin. We'll talk more about Justin one day. For now, I just wanted to post a picture of my oldest baby.

Also wanted to mention, even though no one reads this blog, that on Monday September 29th, it will be my 7 year wedding Anniversary. We'll be married seven years, together 9. I don't feel like I've been married that long, but I'm sure he'd tell you opposite. I think my husband feels like he's been married for fifty years. I'm not the easiest person to be in love with, let alone tied to for umpteen years but he loves me and thats all that matters.

I dont think we have any major plans but we do intend to deposit the children at the in laws for a day/night of alone time. I don't care if we sit in the car in the driveway for the 'alone' time as long as we're together, just Pete and myself. Yes yes, its about as sappy as I get.

In all honesty, I just wanted to write here about my husband. First and foremost he's the most amazing man I've ever met. He is very passionate about the things he loves. Whether its me, the boys or something he believes in, he puts his whole heart and soul into it. Nothing with him is ever less than 100%. When he's happy, he's very happy and when he's sad, he's very sad. He isn't afraid to show his true feelings to those he loves. I'm honoured to be one he loves.

He's changed a lot from the first time I met him. In my opinion, its all been for the better. When I met him he was young and we had no responsibilities. Well, at least looking back and compared to now, it doesn't seem like we had much to worry about. He took care of me then the same way he takes care of me now. He'll put aside just about anything to brush my hair at night and he always knows the perfect time to pull out my pillow and grab my hair brush.

He's a provider for this family in more ways than just money. Sure, he's the breadwinner and makes the moolah however, he'd never 'let you know it'. He would pass up a new pair of running shoes for himself even if he desperately needed them, if it meant a choice between a pair for either myself of the boys. He really would give the shirt off his back :) But along with the obvious ways he provides for us, there are the other ways. He is the reason we feel safe. Whether its in the car or in the house, I feel safe when I'm with him. I feel like he can make any situation livable.

I'm a pretty lucky girl.

Well I guess thats all I have to write now. I'm sure I'll be back later this week.

Wriggs

No comments: