Sunday, February 15, 2009

My husband is a lunatic



I can't tell you exactly what he was thinking except that perhaps he just wasn't. Is there really any other reason? Any other excuse that one *him* would decide to jump in the frigid cold water?


Let me back up a bit. Peat got the opportunity to attend a course that he has been wanting to attend for at least the past 5 years.


No, the course isn't in stupidity.


Quite the contrary.


It is a course in wilderness survival. You may ask "why on earth would he need something like that?" The answer is simple. His job. It just makes sense. And if you knew my husband, you would know that this kind of thing........


Its right up his alley. I mean, if I were lost in the depths of Algonquin Park, I would be honored to have THIS guy, coming to save me. He's got the smarts.



So their task, if they chose to accept it, was to jump into a hole that I like to call, "the hole of death". They had to jump in, get themselves out and then run over to an area *still soaking, which you will see from his sopping pants* and then light a fire.
And only then......
After they made a fire, could they get into something warmer.
I asked "why the helmet"
I guess it was in case they fell on the ice. Like THAT is the least of their concerns. How about their heart stopping upon impact with the cold water!
Anyways, I've been away from my blog lately and I am just now getting caught up. I'll be back.
Just think, this week he has to spent three days in the bush to fend for himself.......

He took the camera so this isn't the last you'll be seeing of this venture.
Michelle


No comments: