Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleddin'


I just had to share this picture from the other day's sledding adventures. My dear husband and the children have created not two but THREE luge hills at my parents place. The kids pack their bodies onto the sleds, shown to the left.
Then with as much force possible, Peat gives them a push down the hill. There are banks on each side of them and at the bottom... JUST as they are about to spit off of the 'cliff' like hill into / onto the frozen lake.... they have to lean a hard left so that they follow the luge track and circle back to the bottom of the hill. Its lovely.
Quite petrifying to watch. But the giggles and grins are worth it!
Then its packing up and in the house for some hot chocolate! Red rosey cheeks and a night of sound sleep.
I'm not a fan of the wintertime but I think my children are. I hate the cold. Good thing Peat doesn't mind standing out there with them. I'll have to snap some pictures of the actual sled runs. They're funny.
Last night we had Jamie, Adam and the kids over and Gages sled reminded me of the Griswolds. Gage went down the hill on a round disk-like sled and it was classic screaming as the sled circled down the hill.
Thanks for the laughs!

No comments: