Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The One Good Thing about Winter


The one good thing about winter here in the Valley, is that it comes after a magnificent autumn. This is the view from all around. On my anniversary my husband took me to Algonquin Park. It has long been my dream to go there just for the purpose of taking pictures. No destination in mind. Usually we're just passing through and take no time at all to take in what surrounds us. So Pete took me there on Monday and we just spent the day hopping from sight to sight. The colors were in full bloom with reds and oranges so vibrant they hurt my eyes! The yellows, greens, oranges and reds......magnificent! SO, took a few pictures with my camera. Just a few ... LOL. Actually, the very next day we went to Ottawa and I upgraded my camera to the Canon 40D. Then I wanted to go back all over again to do the same thing with my new camera. There's always next year.
So we had a wonderful time and took in all we could in that short day and now its a thing of the past. In a few weeks I will once again travel through Algonquin and I'm almost CERTAIN I will see at least two MOOSE. I will have to bring my camera with me. The ONE photo I just HAD to get on Monday was a moose wading in the water. I've never been thru Algonquin and NOT seen a moose except for on Monday. The day it mattered. I was so mad.
Anyways, just wanted to share a picture of my Monday. It was a nice monday. A very very nice Monday.
Wriggs

No comments: