Sunday, March 8, 2009

Can I gripe?


You're probably thinking...um, don't you always?
Thats why you come here isn't it.
Thats why you venture to this blog.
SO you can read my latest gripe.
There are plenty of gripes to go around my friends.
Plenty.
Justin had his bday party today. We had a small group. Nice, quiet. calm.
Pictured is Justin, Hali, Gage and Gillian.Missing from the picture is LiL Miss Abby. She was off getting a chip. Or cheesie. Or something.
SO just to catch you up to speed, everyone in all of Petawawa holds their bday party at this bowling alley. And although the staff was super nice and helpful, I was a little more than TICKED off that they slotted TWO birthday parties at the same time.
There is a small room to the side that has something like six lanes and two rows of tables. Last year we used one table for food and finger food and such and the second table was for the kids to eat at, put their coats, gifts.....SO today I get there and the lady says there are two bday parties at 11am. I'm looking at her thinking, "where?".
SO because we were only 8 kids and 4 adults and they were about 8 kids plus 18 wild and obnoxious adults we got tucked into a corner. Stuffing all our coats, boots, food and cake onto a small table in the corner. The other party pretty much took up the whole friggen area and even just walking to get the cake I had to "excuse me, excuse me, excuse me" until I got there.
Then they spilled into our little area while they opened their little boys gifts. Like the other 3/4 of the room wasn't enough for them.
I'm so irritated. Its not their fault. I'm sure they were less than thrilled to have us in their 1/4.
I'm calling the manager on Monday just to let him know what I think.
He probably won't care and thats ok. I just need to get it off my chest. Usually they schedule bdays hourly instead of at the same time. So its usually first hour is bowling, second hour is food, cake and gifts. This means that while my group would be eating, their group should have just arrived and started bowling, giving us enough space to have our birthday.
I thought I had gotten off free because when I booked the bday, they said they don't open until 1pm. But they'd schedule us in at 11 and open early for us. I was excited. Had no idea they'd put two parties together at the same time. And for the record, when I booked my party, no one else had booked that day yet.
So while i was happy to have a nice small quaint party, I had their obnoxious adults running around with a bunch of kids. I should have only paid 1/4 of the price because thats about all the room my party had.
Oh yes, I'll be calling on Monday.
Michelle

No comments: