Friday, November 21, 2008

I live in Clutter

Ok, not really. First of all, my friends laugh at me because I refuse to move from one activity to the next, without cleaning up the first activity. For example, if my kids are playing in the living room and its time to go out, I will make them *and I will help* clean up the toys and place them back in the toy room where we got them.

If we are having dinner, I am a little neurotic there in the kitchen too. So, the first thing is, I clean as I cook. I don't cook often so its not a big deal really but I can not sit down to eat dinner until all my cooking dishes and clean and in the drying rack. Just can't. Dinner, lunch, breakfast is just not enjoyable unless I KNOW that i only have our dishes we eat from, to clean. Then when dinner/lunch/breaky is done, I must clean up and do the dishes. Which brings me to another point. I don't ever fill my sink with water and do dishes. I have a scrub brush filled with soap, crank on the water and wash one dish at a time.

Easier that way.

People think I'm weird.

Heck, I think I'm weird.

Friends come over and I know they think I'm weird. Its ok. I just having some wiring issues with me. My mind/body is not at rest unless the places I've been and things I've used, are put away properly. This doesn't mean my house is perfect. FAR FAR from perfect. I have a cleaner who comes in once every two weeks to do my nitty gritty cleaning. Bathrooms, kitchen, floors, dusting. I just have to pick things up, she comes in and makes my house smell all pretty.

I'm a SAHM. People find it odd that i have someone else come in to clean. Let them think what they want. Taking care of two young boys is HARD work.

Anyways, lately I've been finding myself stressing out about clutter. All my drawers are full. All my closets are full. I have no more room. No room for much of anything. I see clothing in drawers that either 1) don't fit the kids or 2) wrong season to wear. So I just cram things in my drawers, the kids drawers thinking, "I'll get to it later". Except "later" never comes.

Now Christmas is coming, I have gifts with no where to put them. My Christmas gifts for the children are in the TUB in the basement bathroom behind a shower curtain. WHO does this?

Someone with clutter.

I have photography equipment coming out my butt now. Lights, stands, umbrellas, backgrounds, fuzzy carpets. Plexi glass *hopefully soon*.... eeeek, all this stuff and no where to set it up. SO I'm in a dilemma. Luke currently sleeps in a bedroom that he will not be in forever. So since I'm not ready to move him out of that room *because it has the crib*I am going to have to get a new bed for in there so I can get rid of the BIG bead in there. I know, its a mess.
I'm a mess.

I live in clutter.

I need to fix that.

Among other things ;)
Wriggs

No comments: