Sunday, November 30, 2008

God Love THIS DAY


Please. Make this day never ever end. I'm in love with this day. Today. What day is it? Its Sunday November 30th, 2008. Yes. I love Sunday November 30th, 2008. I'm going to mark this day in my calender and I'm going to celebrate it each and every year!


Ok, going a little too far? Perhaps.
I had the option to put the kids in a daycare for the day. A little something in my town called "drop and shop". For fifteen dollars I was able to drop both kids off from 8am to 5pm. Now, I went in at lunch to pick up Luke thinking he'd have had enough by then, he is only two and a half but he surprised me. Probably shocked a few workers as well. Actually I'm sure some of them wondered what kind of mother I was.
Luke, unlike other two year old who would rush to their mothers arms, decided instead to turn his back and run when he saw me. It felt a little like a slap in the face but from this kid, its not unusual. He likes independence.
At least thats what I tell myself. I had to tell myself a few times on the drive home just in case I started feeling insulted. Which I didn't.
I mean, why would I?
I should be proud of my two year olds independence and security. I've done a great job!
Yes, that's it.
Some may wonder...but I don't.
He loves me. He's probably thinking about me right now.
So its 4pm and today I have had the chance to put up the Christmas tree, wrap the kids gifts and do some fiddling around with the computer. I'm going to go jump in the shower and then go pick up the kids. Surely I can get Luke to come with me if he see's his older brother Justin coming.
I sure hope so anyways.
Today I did have a moment of sadness as I was putting up my Christmas Tree. I put the Angel on the top and then started to put the ornaments up. My last ornament that was stuck to a stocking was a yellow ribbon in support of our troops serving in Afghanistan. It made me think of all the husbands, wives, brothers, sisters who will not be home this year for Christmas. CFB Petawawa is on tour this year and so it made me a little sad that my friends will be home without their spouses celebrating the holidays the only way that they can. With warm thoughts of their loved ones and the deepest prayers that their heart and soul, serving overseas will have a safe and happy Christmas, even though they're many miles apart.
I put the ornament of the yellow ribbon around the Angel at the top of my tree. Just so we don't ever forget about the sacrifices made by our troops and their families.
May God Bless Them.
Wriggs



No comments: