Thursday, November 20, 2008

I totally have the ITCH


I had the wonderful pleasure today to have my friend come over and let me take pictures of her beautiful seven day old baby boy. Not only is he gorgeous, but he was SUCH a good boy. He slept. He opened his eyes. He cried a little but it was such a sweet delicate cry that I wanted him to keep doing it just so I could hear that little tiny voice.
Now one thing I did learn from today, is that as hard as I find it to take photos of toddlers, I find it equally as difficult to photograph newborns. Go on, laugh. I don't blame you, really. A sweet slumbering baby? Whats so hard about that? Well, since you asked..... Its hard to position them and find new exciting things to do with them. Not to mention that if you want to take their clothes off, they don't really like it. They're not "all about the picture" like moms and photographers :)
Anyways, for my first newborn shoot I was just really wanting to walk away with one good picture. One picture that I can give to mom and dad that will make them happy. And although there is nothing exciting about this picture , it is exciting to me because 1) I took it and 2) its a 7 day old baby and at this picture is about 99% straight out of camera. Very little editing. Almost none. Just a little exposure and that's it.
See, he was perfect just the way he was ... and lighting? Well, that's my fault. I'm still playing around. Actually, this specific picture was taking with natural light. Window only. I'd say it turned out pretty good.
Wriggs

No comments: