Saturday, November 8, 2008

Parliament Hill Welcomes Gail Shea

So you may be thinking, Who the heck
is Gail Shea? Sorry to confuse you. Gail Shea is my dads cousin. *the non fiddle playing father* has a cousin in politics in Prince Edward Island. Well Gail is now officially the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans. Yesterday we *my husband and I, as well as other members of our family* all travelled to Ottawa, our Nations Capitol and watched as Gail was sworn in!
Family came from as far away as Prince Edward Island so it was SO nice to see everyone that we haven't seen since the Reunion in PEI in 2003.
This here on the right is a picture taken by my father, the one who doesn't play the fiddle*. I could go on and on about his composition etc,but I won't. I just put the camera in Manual, tried to make the proper settings adjustments and then handed it over. There wasn't much he could do wrong, although I don't think I'm all that clear. Oh well. So yesterday was a nice day. Would you believe that in all my 33 years, I have never been to the Parliament buildings? Notta once. So yesterday was amazing. I did my best to take pictures without flash. So some are a little blurry. I did the best I could. I'll post more later but for now I will post my first picture of the day. *after the one of Pete and myself*.
So late last night we made the long trek *ok, an hour and a half* back to Petawawa. Where our warm bed was waiting. And our sick boy Luke who didn't stop coughing ALL night. I knew we should have looked harder for a hotel.
I'm just noticing that the spacing on my blog isn't working properly. I will have to look into that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LET US ALL SEE IF THIS WOMAN IS HUMANE ENOUGH TO STOP THE HORRIBLE ANNUAL SEAL MASSACRE.

HOWEVER, I HAVE A SNEAKING SUSPICION THAT SHE IS NO BETTER THAN THE OTHER SCUMBAGS IN THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT.