Thursday, January 8, 2009

Here's the dish


So I'm having a bugger of a time lately loading pictures in my blog. Not sure why. My error message is that someone else is trying to edit my page. Hmmm. I am not quite sure I like the sound of that. Sounds sneaky.


Why couldn't there just be an error like "error code 40492 xxx butthead xoeh 8937" You know something I wouldn't really understand.


I mean, who could be editing my page but me?


Peat always says I'm too trusting.

Ok for the picture above: Just my day 8 of 365. It was very delightful. A nice early afternoon snack.
But it isn't this piece of chocolate that I want to dish about. No no, its more than this chocolate. Its my blog. And its also my website. Because I really want to talk about it. The people living in this house are sick to death of hearing about it. So I shall write.
So the website is almost ready. I just need a few little essentials. Like a photographer friend to come and take a quick snapshot of me. I need a picture of ME on my ABOUT ME page. I considered putting a picture of my friend Tobi on there but figured it was misleading. I just like her picture. Its a very nice, natural picture. Those are looks I could never achieve. So I need someone to take picture of me. I don't really want a studio shot of me. I think I want a picture of me...outside. I want it to be real.

HOWEVER, outside is not "ME". It is in warmer weather but truth be told, I'm so angry with cold and windy that outside is the farthest thing possible from ME.
You do see where this is going, right?
Me neither.
So I had started this blog, which I intend to keep. I am even going to link it from my new websites splash page. My only fear *because on here I can discuss my fears and insecurities* is that sometimes I look at my blog and SAY the things I'd never want to say to a client. Like perhaps a few weeks back where I had a photo session and was all antsy and nervous. Everyone has to start somewhere. This is what I tell myself. Its what I tell my blog. Do I really want people to view my website and be directed here to my "inner self" talking?
This is a decision I need to make. I do think my blog is the real me. Its not fake and its not made up. I'm human and I have a desire to do something that I happen to TOTALLY LOVE. Does it matter if people link to my blog and see that I am having some reservations about my abilities? I think it makes me pretty normal.
I guess the bottom line is, the more you do, the more you learn, the more you grow. You have to start somewhere. And if you like what you see on my website, then you are seeing what I do. If you're happy with what I can produce, you'd want me to do your pictures no matter what, right?
See... THIS is the stuff I'm talking about.
Do you link a blog like THIS to your Professional Website?
I'd love some comments. Just if you have any. I'm not live yet, or so they say. Not sure what "LIVE" means considering I can get to my site by typing the URL in. From any computer.
Anyways, if you have a comment....please share it with me. I need some direction here.
Or email me :)
Michelle

No comments: