Friday, January 16, 2009

What can you do?


Really! What can you do?

There isn't much. I will give you a little history lesson on "Auntie Sue". Auntie Sue is my aunt. My mothers sister.

Auntie Sue came down to visit us last summer and that is when she really caught the Petawawa bug. She just couldn't stay away. We enjoyed it because we always want to see Auntie Sue. Luke LOVES it when Auntie Sue is here because she always brings him bubbles! SO for weeks now, Luke and Justin have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of dear favorite Auntie Sue!

My mom and dad picked her up yesterday at the airport and brought here home. Today, Auntie Sue had the opportunity to spend almost and entire day with Luke. See, she claims to just "love him to pieces" but she doesn't realize how difficult he can be. For example when she saw him yesterday she *without my knowledge* gave him diluted coffee. I wasn't pleased.

They tried to deny it but they really couldn't say much as he was running and vibrating around my kitchen table when I got home from work.

Then today, when I went to pick him up after work, this is what i walked into. Luke, sitting at the table with "the girls" having a glass of wine. He even told me, "we're havin' wine". I'd be lying if I said I didn't believe him. I completely thought he was drinking wine. Especially after the previous day where he really did have a cup of diluted coffee. I'm still not pleased about that one. Anyways, it wasn't really wine.

I found this out when I snatched it from his grubby mitts and took a sip. It was just apple juice. At least it was just apple juice in HIS glass which is all I really was concerned with.

He didn't know the difference. He thought it was wine. Which is funny because he drinks apple juice fifteen times a day so its not like they were fooling him. Yet, to him...he had wine.

Then my Auntie Sue starts to tell me that Luke wanted to tell me where he was today. I know where he was today. He's my son. He was in Kiddie Kollege in the morning and with them in the afternoon. After a few seconds of prompting from Auntie Sue, Luke informs me that today he was... you know what. Its probably not even appropriate to type on my blog. On second thought, I'm going to skip it.

Fast forward to my other son. Justin. Justin is my do-gooder. He can hear a swear word on the radio or in a song and he blushes. He just knows, that no questions asked, he is not allowed to repeat the word. Well, tonight he came out from my parents place, got in my car and let a sentence slide that ended in the word .... sh**. Fair to say, I almost sh**.

When I turned around to speak to him, because what mother wouldn't???? He said to me,
"I'm so sorry mom, I won't say it again. It was just a little secret joke between Auntie Suzie and me".

I didn't get it.

I probably never will.

But he certainly thought it was pretty funny.

But to me, 5 yr olds who say sh** and 2 year olds who drink wine...just aren't funny.

These are the influences in my children's lives. How horrible.

I'm kidding. We all love Auntie Suzie, even if it does take me weeks to straighten my children out after she goes home.

Michelle

No comments: