Thursday, January 29, 2009

If you could see me now!


You'd probably fall over and wonder how on earth I went from the kind of girl who wouldn't dream of going outside without my hair done or make up on .... to the kind who is more concerned with getting her children dressed to brave the elements and out the door so as not to miss the school bus.
You'd also wonder "why this picture with this post". There is no reason so don't bother trying to figure me out. This should only indicate to you how "scatter brained" I am.


Well, if you knew me back "then" you'd also know that what I just wrote is a load of crap. I've never fussed with make up and hair accessories. Ok, maybe when I was in grade ten but those were the early nineties. We were all caught up in the moment. I've always prided myself as being a blue jeans and ball cap kinda gal and over time its really not changed much. Maybe I've replaced the blue jeans with a pair of warm up pants and then faded from the warm up pants to the joggers and now I'm officially a loser because this morning I walked Justin to the school bus in my flannel PJ bottoms.


I didn't even have time to toss on a ball cap! Which means my tousled locks were all OVER the place! Actually I had my hair up in a pony tail and didn't bother to adjust it even though I had just slept that way all night.


This has become me.


OK OK...its not always be but honestly I need to be better prepared in the mornings. There's nothing like waking up in a rush, getting two wild and oppositional children dressed, fed, brushed, groomed, *throw in a few time outs* and out the door to catch the bus. I mean, at least when all is said and done I only have one child bring home because he isn't old enough for school.


I'm not sure why I can't get it together in the mornings. I guess it always works out because they're always dressed and on the bus on time ;) Although this morning Justin wore his PJ's to school. Its not what you think. Its PJ Day. Instead of being excited about the day Justin was more concerned that I had written down the wrong date on the calender and was sending him to school in Pj's on the wrong day. I mean....come on. Would I do that?


Sheeeesh!

Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want the "real" version..come on it's much better ;)

Michelle said...

LOL
Now the real version is just for "close" friends.
You'd have to "get" the joke, ya know?