Sunday, January 11, 2009

What just happened?


So this morning I was going to go to the gym to walk the track with my mom. Then I thought about it and thought, hmm, maybe I'll do the elliptical with my dad instead.
In other words, maybe my mom can walk LUKE around the track in his stroller while I get some "me" time listening to tunes on the work out equipment. I didn't really plan much farther than that. If I had, my brain would have said, "but you don't work out Michelle. Do you know what will happen when you try to use the elliptical?" All I saw was "FREEDOM!"
So I managed to get Peat to come with us. At first he resisted because he needs his sleep. But after me asking him three times and opening and closing the bedroom door, he felt like coming along. He likes to work out. He knows what it means to work out. Unlike myself.
Peat does cross fit. I think he's crazy. I see the kettle bell, the medicine ball. Things I would never opt to toss in the air and catch. But thats just me.
I don't know much about cross fit but I know its intense. Or it can be.
So to the GYM we went. One big happy frikken family. We all separated to do our work out. I was on the elliptical for twenty minutes. Which, for the first time, is pretty good. I even had my ramp pumped up all the way. Well, almost all the way but for the sake of encouragement, I'm going to say all the way.
After twenty minutes I was happy that I didn't fall over and die and got off the machine and went to find Peat. He said, "you look like you just took a leisurely stroll. come do a little cross fit"
I wasn't insulted at all. I thought, "Heck ya, I'm in shape. Barely broke a sweat". Apparently this isn't what I was after. Apparently I need to break a sweat.
So Peat put me on a small little set of activities and we only did five sets. But with no break in between. Our total "cross fit" work out lasted 8 minutes and it was the worst 8 minutes of my life.
Really. My life.
Ok, not my LIFE. Thats big.
It wasn't very easy though. My legs burning and my arms like jelly we called it a day.
We've now decided that this can be done at home in our own house WITH our children if we prefer, which I don't but for the sake of saving time and energy, we'll just say with our children.
So I am going to do those same vigorous eight minutes every day for two weeks and see what happens.
Stay tuned. Grab your popcorn. Pull up a chair......
Lets see if this stuff works!
Wriggs

No comments: