Monday, December 22, 2008

Bad Karma Perhaps


I swear I hate nothing more than when my kids are sick. There is nothing worse. I think I'd rather pluck my eyelashes out one at a time. I tend to say this a lot. I think I need to give it a whirl and see what its actually like. Then I'd probably reconsider my analogy.


Maybe I'd just rather go running outside in bare feet with the -33* weather. Yes, that's it. I'd rather do that.


I just feel so bad for Justin. I'm an over protective mother and I tend to err on the side of caution so when my kids are sick I think I go a little overboard as a parent. I have two general rules.
1) They aren't allowed to move off the couch
2)They aren't allowed to breathe.
Seriously. I chase them around and make them sit on the couch and I do my best to have them NOT breathe on each other. If I could take away the breathing all together and not have it cause any long term harm, I would. Its not like I can just say "Justin Buddy, would you please just stop breathing your germs out for a few days? Just till it passes?"
So I'm noticing that Luke is a little more grumpy than normal...HA what does that mean? He's an arse! Completely moody and grumpy. Only more easily set off....
My one saving grace is that Justin is listening. He's staying on the couch and just hanging out. He even lets me scoop him up in my arms and smother him with cuddles.
He's so warm though. I think I may take him back tomorrow because there is NOTHING better than sitting in the hospital ER waiting to be seen because all the local town doctors offices are closed. I think I'd rather a root canal.
Happy Holidays!

No comments: