Sunday, December 28, 2008

Two Peas In A Pod



I just love this picture of Justin. Love it because it was his idea. You may wonder why I don't have many pictures of Justin here on my blog. Its because he does not like having his picture taken.


Who is this boy? This is not the son I have raised. I have had this boy in pictures and sayin' cheese since he was a 5 lb premature baby in my arms.


Yes. I took his picture at the ripe old age of 33 wks gestation :) Sickening really.

So when his Nanny got him a Vtech camera for Christmas, he ripped into it and it didn't take him long to start saying, "Mom, can you just come over here and let me take one picture of you"?


It was like Deja Vu only I was on the receiving end. For once I could show him how it felt. I said his famous line, "I don't feel like having my picture taken again".


Last night at bedtime as we were talking about our day, I had my little point and shoot camera in my hands. As I tell this story, I have absolutely no idea why I would be tucking my child in with a point and shoot camera in my hands. Its not like its attached to me 24/7 but then again, maybe it is and I just haven't ever realized it.


Well would you look at that. Its hanging off my belt loop.

HA, no its not. I don't wear belts and I wouldn't dangle things from the loops even if I did wear them.


Anyways...Justin wanted to take my picture before we shut the lights out and he was hilarious. First he said, "mom, look at the camera and smile". So I did.


Then he said,
Mom, Look at the camera and do this: Then he posed like this:

I couldn't stop laughing at his cuteness.
He was all MR.GQ.
So I took the opportunity to take some stunning bedtime photos of him.
And for the first time in a long time, he let me.
So I let him take my picture too and although they were way overexposed and in some of them he only caught about half my left arm for whatever reason, he was thrilled to bits to be just like me.
He said, "Mom, can we go out tomorrow and get some pretty shots"?
I laughed. I've never said this.
He also said "I'm going to be a photographer like you" I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm only mediocre and lack a lot of confidence.
He's not ready to hear that yet.
Wriggs

No comments: