Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Texture at last


Would you believe I've struggled with textures for SO long. Struggled meaning I have no idea how to use/do them without completely messing up. For example, I didn't realize a texture was just a jpeg file. So I use to open them up and it would cover about a quarter of my picture. And I wondered, whats the big hoopla about. This looks ridiculous.
Anyways, tonight I saw a texture I liked and downloaded it because somewhere I had seen a small tutorial on how to use it. Apparently it was staring at me all along! I had no idea what free transform meant or indicated on my palette in Photoshop. NOW I do. I just had to resize the jpeg over top of my picture, change the layer style and adjust opacity. Then WHAMMO. Done. Well, then I had to erase the texture from my little baby. Thought I'd try it on a picture I took tonight.
Luke got his first pair of big boy skates. Not that he had little boy skates, because he didn't. He was very excited to try them out so I let him pretend he was putting them on.
We've promised him he can go skating tomorrow. I'll have to take a few pictures and videos. Should be an interesting day.
Wriggs

No comments: