Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm so over New Years Eve


Maybe I just need to be over it because if I wasn't over it, I'd be ticked off that year after year I sit here at home alone.
My New Years Eves consist of me hanging out on the computer for a few hours doing God knows what until about 11:30pm. Then I grab a pop *caffeine free diet pepsi* and watch the tube for half hour to watch the ball drop.
Then at midnight I get up off the couch and wander down the hallway to the kids bedrooms. I open the door as quietly as I can and tiptoe to their bedside. I gently kiss each boy *in separate rooms, because you needed to know that* and readjust their covers. Then I leave and get into bed until the morning.
Its been like this for 9 years. Its a fair trade off really. Christmas for New Years. I much prefer Peat work NYE than Christmas day. We have a young family. Christmas morning is important to me. To our family.
So I was a wee bit excited about this year because Peat is working, but he's working days. This means that although we'd probably not make it to midnight, we would get to hang out together. We had planned to tuck the kids in bed, watch a movie and order some dinner in. It was going to be our first NYE together since 1999. Actually, since 2001. I vaguely recall spending NYE 2001 together. It wasn't a fun one. I think we spent it with me doubled over in pain waiting in a restaurant to sit for dinner and even though we had a reservation.....they were behind. Ok so it hasn't been THAT long.
Anyways, Peats pager went off at 6:30pm. And so ends this years New Years plans.
So here it is. Almost 11:00pm. And you know what? I'm heading to bed.
Poor Peat. Out in Algonquin Park in THIS cold weather up to his waist in snow. I'm quite sure he's lovin' it.
He always does.
I guess there is always next year.
Yes. There is always next year.
Michelle

No comments: