Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Boys will be boys, er whatever that means.



Will the 'girl' thing ever end? This is my son Luke. This is Luke's 13 year old babysitter "Sammi". Her name is actually SAM, and I've never heard anyone call her Sammi, except Luke. This morning, Luke informed me that he is going to marry Sammi. First and foremost, Luke doesn't know what "marry" means. This is good. However...it has left me, once again, wondering where he picks up this kind of talk? Whatever the way, its certainly cute coming from a two year old.


Sam lives next door to us and Luke will sit in the living room window and wait for her to come off the school bus. Its the same routine every day. Once a bus goes by the window, Luke climbs up and takes up residence, until her bus comes. Once she gets off the bus, Luke yells and waves: "Sammi, Sammi...HI SAMMI!!! PUM OWER HERE PWEEEASE". Sam, looks up and waves and blows Luke a kiss. Luke smiles, from ear to ear, then gets down off his pearch and turns to me. Then he says, "Sammi, pum ower, mommy, you leave". He is actually encouraging me to go out just so she can babysit!


Anyways, this is the two of them. So happy, so in love...................

Just wait until she gets herself a boyfriend. Then his little heart will be bwoken :(

Awww, and I just had to share this other boy moment. This, again...is Justin. My five year old. See, the reason I love this picture is because he's NOT waving. I can't get him to stop. Its like an illness. When he's on the ice, he always has one eye on me and as soon as he see's he's caught my eye, he waves. My friends don't help either. They wave at him just because they know he'll wave back, and likely be in trouble with the coach, and I'll be mad. Then it took the words of a wise woman *another spectator* to remind me that one day, not so far from now....I'll be wishing he was watching his ol' mom. Just hoping for a glimpse of him looking up at me in the stands. She told me to enjoy it now for one day, I will realize how special it is.
Aww, shucks. He loves me :)
Wriggs

No comments: