Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mans Best Friend


Ok, no where near a man at all but certainly best friends. Let me introduce you to our family pet Layla. Layla is a Bernese Mountain Dog who is almost exactly the same age as my youngest. Layla was born in January 2006 and we got her when Luke was just 5 wks old. We were crazy but it all turned out for the best.
You see, we had two dogs named Ruby and Sarge. Ruby was an Old English Mastiff and Sarge was a Lab/Rottie mix. We had the two dogs since before we even had kids. They were our babies, thats for sure. Well, we had Justin in 2003 and he loved the two dogs. To him they must have seemed so BIG. Then when I got pregnant with Luke, Ruby had to be put down for medical reasons. Four months later, and when Luke was only 2 weeks old, Sarge followed. I guess he just missed his big sis'.
We decided to wait on getting a new dog just because we had a newborn. That lasted a very short short time. We began researching breeds and fell head over heels for the Bernese. And there ya have er. This is Layla. Our loyal, loving family pet who is currently in her shedding season.
I'd like to think she loves the kids. But really, there is only so many hiding spots IN a house so I'm sure she is just 'around' a lot because there is no escaping them. Every morning when the kids get up, its a race to see who gets to put her outside and who gets to feed her. She often is fed a lot more than she's suppose to be fed.
I have a little boy here on his knees, half naked, asking for some help getting dressed.

My question is, how do you blogging moms, make time for this? I'm doin' my best.
Wriggs

No comments: