Thursday, October 9, 2008

Unsettled

This picture always makes me laugh. I don't even know why. It just does. Sometimes I need a little 'pick me up' in the day and all I have to do is look at a little set of pics I took sometime about a year ago *maybe sooner* and it brings a little smile to my face.

I'm not so sure I have a lot to talk about today. I'm struggling with a little something that is bothering me and its one of those things that just doesn't have a solution. Which means, my only choice in the matter is to learn to deal with it.

So I sit here...wondering, just how to deal with it.

........
...........
.............
Yup, still wondering.

The weather outside today is quite nice. Turns out Justin didnt' quite need the Columbia Winter Jacket and winter hat I stuck on him this morning. Then as the bus pulled up and I realized he'd sweat to death in just the bus ride to the school, I pulled his hat off him. Leaving him standing there with all his hair sticking up in the air. I felt like I had just set him up for a day of teasing from other children. Kids can be so mean.

I feel bad because he spends so much time after his teeth are brushed, just trying to get his hair in place so it isn't sticking up. Just wait until he gets to school and looks in the mirror. He'll be horrified.

I think its time for me to book his hair appointment. I was trying to grow it out a bit, you know..fulfill my desire to have a daughter. I only wanted one so I could dress her pretty and do her long flowing hair every day for school. Ribbons, bows...pretty headbands. Instead I have cowlicks, a buzzed hair cut thats grown out for too long and dirty faces. Always a dirty face.

I guess I have a lot to be thankful for.

Wriggs

No comments: