Friday, October 24, 2008

Up to my eyeballs with kleenex and sick kids


First things first. I had to post one more picture of my friend Tasha's oldest son Ivan. He's so sweet. Ok, now that I've posted the picture I can move on....to talking about snot and kleenex.
So remember last week? Sunday night I had to take Justin in to Emerg because he had croup? Well my husband had to take him on the Monday night for another dose of the medication that they give for croup. I was out of town and while I felt horrible for leaving Pete at home with a sick child, I was secretly doing a happy dance *very small happy dance* that it would likely be on its way out or gone completely by the time I got home. I was thrilled that I would possibly be missing all the sickies.
SO I was wrong. Just wrong. As wrong as I always am. Poor Justin was sent to the office yesterday afternoon. They called me to come get him. I walked into the office and saw him sitting there, long face and all. He looked like he wanted to cry. I felt a little twinge of sadness for my oldest son, knowing he would have hated being sent home from school. I was also quietly annoyed that he was sick. I mean, hadn't we had enough? What else must we deal with here? Its one thing after the bloody next in my household. I WANT OUT! Sorry. Sometimes things get away from me.
Moving on....
So, we walked out to the car in the school parking lot and Justin says that he's sorry for being sick. Poor kid, he can't help it. I get him home and he starts fighting with Luke. Let me tell you this. If you're well enough to fight with your brother, then there was no reason to come home from school. Apparently my son wasn't 'sick' per se, but he had been running around in the yard and overheated. He began a coughing spell and ended up feeling ill because he couldn't stop coughing. Once the spell had passed, all was just fine. So he continued to fight with Luke all afternoon up until bedtime when I tucked them all snug as a bug into bed. Maybe a little more 'snug' than was comfortable just because they'd been a little "off the wall" all evening :)
Shhh, I didn't say that.
... Don't look at me that way....
You've done it / thought it too at some point!
Anyways, Justin is at school today and the teacher explains to me that she didn't know if he was just coughing or if he had the flu because she'd already sent another girl home that day with the flu. *lovely I say! Things to come!*
Now i sit here staring at my youngest boy Luke. Who's hacking and coughing like there is no tomorrow. I'm going to wait it out, as I always try to do. Hopeful that there will be no weekend hospital visits although I'm sure...almost certain...that croup will strike my youngest boy.
Obviously my fingers are crossed that it wont but you just never know.
He's napping now but I hear him coughing. This is my life. My wonderful crappy sick kid life! I hate the fall.
Oh, and this morning...my furnace shut off. Ask me how happy I am. Freezing my a$$ off.
Over and Out
Wriggs

No comments: