Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Yes, today is my 34th birthday. I usually pretend that I don't like my birthday and in all honesty, I don't particularily enjoy aging. However, I do like having my very own special day. Generally my husband will spoil me with a hairbrush and encourage me to do anything it is I'd like to do without having the kids hanging off me. Well, this year it seems my husband is working. So here I sit, at home with a five year old and a two year old on a weekend, where there is nothing to do but go to Walmart *and I'm not crazy enough to do it this morning*
Now, my mom has graciously offered to make dinner and she even made a birthday cake for me so I assumed we'd have a nice dinner after hubby got home from work. THEN, he informs me that he's working out of town today on a detail and probably won't be home until the kids are in bed.
Now I'm not a very happy camper.

I hate being home on weekends alone with the kids. There's nothing to do in this town of 15,000 people. There isn't even a place to GO shopping unless I drive almost half hour. I dont know about anyone else but my children can't keep their stinkin' mitts off eachother in the car. I had a minivan up until May this year. I decided it would be SO much better to trade the van in on a newer gas saving car :) WRONG! Well, it wasn't ALL wrong. I just didn't anticipate a few things. Like the fact that the smaller the car, the more accessible my children would become to eachother. We had a 99 van and a 01 Grand cherokee. Well in the Jeep they're far enough away from eachother that they're not constantly bugging, however...they can still lean and reach *which they do*. But the VAN, my goodness, I would just put one in the middle then one at the back. Problem solved.
We.., now will my new car *Mazda 3*, they're practically on top of eachother. SO today, if I do go anywhere, they'll be on my last nerve before I even buckle them up.
Such a joy.

You may be thinking I don't particularily enjoy motherhood. But that would be wrong. All the things I complain about are the things I would not be able to live without.
I just wish I could spend this one day with children who weren't whining. My two year old is going through a phase.

Alright, off I go to start my special day.
Wriggs

No comments: