Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ok, so I like bridges


So while in Algonquin with my husband, we came across a bridge. Seems I'm drawn to them. No idea how to photograph them, but I'm desperate to take pictures of them. As we were walking/driving/hiking *haaa, I don't hike* thru the park we came across a bridge. It had been long enough so i was quite pleased that we'd spotted this bridge. Well, as we were walking towards it, I notice a man standing at the end of the bridge with a big honkin' camera on a tripod. Ok, not to be outdone, but it made me feel a little small. Like perhaps I had no business being there at that precise moment with my little camera and self. I felt very inferior. Then I realized that he didn't know me. I could have been the great amazing photographer Michelle. *** Obviously not but really...a lot of big honkin' equipment sure makes you look important*** I think next time I may consider bringing my tripod to make me look a wee bit more professional. Anyways, this was going somewhere.....
Oh yes, so as I walked towards the bridge and saw this man there, I became increasingly annoyed. Just ask my husband. He had to remind me that everyone had things to photograph in Algonquin Park. So as we approached for some reason he *ever so kindly* dismantled his assembly and vacated the area **I was thrilled**. Anyways, I came to realize that the man was actually watching for a particular bird. I realized this because as the man was walking away from us back to the parking lot, a bird (two as a matter of fact) came out of a tree and landed on the bridge practically in front of me. My husband said "look at that...get a picture". Well I had my 75-300mm lens on the camera at the time and well, it was approx 10 ft in front of me. So the darn camera wouldn't focus, I couldn't switch lenses fast enough.....Then it flew away. Then it came back. It was completely teasing me. I swear it swooped at me. He probably had fun with me for a good ten minutes before flying away towards to parking lot. Would you believe I didn't get one good picture? They were all blurry. SO, after this little cat/mouse game we headed back to the car. "THE MAN" with the big ol' bird lenses was now set up behind my car and he was taking a picture of 'THE' bird that had just had his way with me. I swore a little under my breath.
Anyways, we packed up the car and left the area. SOOO, this is a picture of the most frustrating bridge in Algonquin Park. I just wanted to capture it for the world to see.
Wriggs

No comments: