Sunday, October 19, 2008

Headin' South


First, here is the other tattoo that Peat got from Ms. Lisa.

Tomorrow morning at 6am I will be on route to my hometown of Sarnia. I'm actually very excited about this little venture for two reasons. First and foremost, I'm going to be with my mom and surprising my father for his retirement dinner. Then in three weeks, my dad will come up here and live in their house on the lake, just 8 minutes from my house. Sure beats the 8 hr distance that has separated us for four years.

Secondly, I am going to visit with my BFF Tasha. Tasha and I met in grade ten history class. It was 1990 and I had big bangs and thought spandex shorts were the coolest thing since sliced bread. Either spandex OR my ever so popular MC Hammer pants. The 80s/90's were cruel.

Anyways, we became friends in Mr. Baerg's history class at St.Clair High School in Sarnia. We use to pass notes back and forth about Days Of Our Lives. Anyways, it didn't take long for us to become friends and since I was an only child, Tasha was the next best thing to a sister.

Tasha was already dating Ivan Dubois at the time and she continues to do so, 18 yrs later. Oh my, has it been 18 yrs since Grade 10? Yikes!

Anyways, Tasha and I have lived in different cities since I was 19 and we've always remained close. Our lives tend to mirror each other no matter what the distance. We both ended up having two children, both of us have boys. Both our kids are around the same age. And, I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow, when I see her, that we have the same hair cut. Because that's just usually how it ends up ;)

So tomorrow I am off to Sarnia and aside from the break from the refereeing I do here at home, I'm quite looking forward to my little venture. I'll be back on Wednesday though so it will be a quick visit.

Wriggs

No comments: