Sunday, October 19, 2008

This is so typical

You know, I've been planning this trip to Sarnia for a couple of weeks now. My father is retiring at the end of the month and they're having a big retirement dinner for him. His work called my mom and I to see if we'd be able to come down to surprise him. We're the big surprise. My mom moved here in May this year and my dad retires at the end of this month. We're a long way from eachother so this is going to be fun.

I said to Peat about two weeks ago. You know dear, I can predict what will happen. My children will get sick and ruin any hope of me escaping for this little trip home. He laughed his little laugh knowing full well, I was right.

FFWD to last week, Justin comes down with a fever. Slight cough, fever but otherwise himself. Justin doesn't often get fevers but they generally last two to three days then its over. And it was. The cough lingered. As it always does.
Luke, on the other hand, didn't have a single cough, cold or illness all spring or summer. Well now he's on his third cold in four weeks. They come in strong and fizzle out after about three days. He's now coughing a loose cough and is otherwise fine. He tends to get ear infections so I'm sure there is one brewing.

Justins cough was a bit worse tonight so I decided to take him in so that Peat isn't stuck bringing two kids to the doctors while I'm away. So the doc says Justin has croup. Gives him his steroid and sends us home. I'm quite certain that Luke will have this nasty cough in about two days.

Lets not forget me. How dare I escape unscathed. I have a bit of sinus pain and pressure along with a scratchy throat. Tomorrow at 5am is NOT lookin' good.
I'm beat. I'm exhausted and my five year old won't stop coughing. I still haven't packed and its almost 9pm. I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Honestly. Why does this always happen to me? Do I NOT deserve good things? Have I been a bad person? Do I not deserve a much needed rest? A nice visit with my family and friends? Good Lord, my friend isn't going to want my germy self in her house around her young kids.

This is just SO typical.

No comments: