Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy Mother with Camera and new hair cut. And...



Newly waxed eye brows.

Ok, couldn't take one properly but here is a crappy quality picture from my laptop of my new do!

I love it. I do have to color it tonight once the kids are in bed. I'm going darker. To match my mood lately. Just kidding. Darker to match my roots and my eyebrows :)

So I went to get the hair done this afternoon and decided to get the eyebrows waxed as well. Is it just me or does anyone else love having their eyebrows waxed. I think I may border on insanity because I find the pain of eyebrow waxing to be quite relaxing.

Maybe I should just sit around and pull my eyelashes out one night when I need to relax.

I got bangs for the first time in eons. I went into the appointment thinking, YES I will get bangs! Then she said, "side bang or regular bang".? I had no idea bangs had gotten so complicated in the fifteen years I'd gone without them. I said just regular bangs and then she explained that side bangs were best for someone like me. I didnt know quite what she meant but decided that she was the expert. Side bangs it is. I guess its easier for me to just pull them over.

HEY, look at my fridge! What a freakin' mess! Going to have to clean that up. I didn't expect company :)

I had a bit of a rough morning. Shortly after posting my mom called me to tell me that she had to put her 12 yr old German Shepherd to sleep. Actually what she was saying was "Michelle, will you come with me and sit with her until its over". I didn't have the heart to tell her no. I did some quick internal thinking though that went like this "absolutely no friggen way can i sit there while a vet puts our little Emma to sleep". Instead I said "ok mom. don't cry. we'll do it together". When Luke was born in 2006 we had to put down two family pets about four months apart. I couldn't sit with them. Pete had to go. It was too hard for me. In all honesty, when I got in the car with my mom and Emma *the dog* I didnt have any intentions of staying with Emma. I just wanted to get my mom there. Emma was 12. She had been on prednisone and codeine for pain for a while. She'd developed a tumor in her mouth and began vomiting blood. She had diarrhea for over a week. There is no doubt that it was time, it just hurt.

I gave my mom some words of encouragement along the drive. All were straight from my heart. It was time to put Emmas needs first before our needs. To make matters worse, Emma had diarrhea in the car. It just made my mom cry harder. I was going to complain that she got it on my new jeans but decided against it when I saw my mom hurting. Instead I wrapped Emma in my arms while my mom cleaned up. I would have cleaned up but I have a weak stomach. Which made the rest of the thirty minute drive that much harder.

When we arrived I realized what I'd told my mom I would do. So, like a good daughter, I took Emma in. I sat with Emma in her final moments. I just couldn't talk about them with my mom but since no family or friends have my blog...HA HA...I can be candid here. My mom and dad got Emma when I had moved out so I never considered her "my family pet". But I know how much my folks loved her. And I loved her. I've never really cuddled her before. Not the way I did today. I held her in my arms and whispered in her ear while the we waited for the vet. The vet came and did his thing. Explained it to me, then asked me to let him know when I was ready. This is when I got cold feet and said, "maybe I can't do this, I may have to go". Somehow he didn't hear me. I know I said it out loud but when I realized he didn't hear me, I just went with it. Emma passed away peacefully in my arms. I stroked her face lovingly and assured her that everything was ok. I whispered to her and laid on the floor beside her for about five minutes afterwards. Emma is in a good place today.

So...pretty emotional day for me.

Ok, off to pick out some of my eyelashes. Just kidding. I wouldn't really do that.
Not today anyways.
Wriggs

No comments: